To help make your purchasing experience with Ashbury Precision Ordnance Mfg. as pleasant and easy as possible we have put together a list of Frequently Asked Questions. Questions have been organized into categories to help you find the answers you are looking for more easily. Now, if this does not work for you, please don’t hesitate to pick-up the telephone and contact our Customer Service Representative at (434) 296-8600. There, a real live person will do everything possible to get you the answers you need!
- I am a US Citizen. How do I purchase Ashbury Precision Ordnance (APO) products?
- I am not a US citizen and live in another country, how would I purchase products from Ashbury Precision Ordnance (APO)?
- APO has items for sale in the Equipment for Sale section of the website. How do I go about buying this gear?
- I ordered a rifle/chassis from my dealer and I’m trying to check to see if it’s done. Can you please tell me when it will ship out to me?
- Why do special orders take longer?
- How do I purchase a custom Asymmetric Warrior® (ASW) Precision Tactical Rifle or Tactical Competition Rifle (TCR)?
- How do I purchase a SABER chassis to fit my bolt action rifle?
- If I place an order with my credit card and the items are back ordered, when will my credit card be charged?
- How do I become an APO dealer here in the USA?
- How do I become an International dealer for APO products?
- What payment options does APO offer its customers?
- Will I be charged sales tax for my order?
- How much are the shipping charges?
- What is the warranty on APO products?
- How do I return an item to APO for service or warranty repair?
- What are your business hours?
- How do I obtain more information on APO products?
1. I am a US Citizen. How do I purchase Ashbury Precision Ordnance (APO) products?
Answer: Ashbury Precision Ordnance Mfg. sells its products through a growing network of licensed dealers and retailers in compliance with all state, federal BATFE laws and US Department of State ITAR (International Traffic in Arms) regulations. Please review the Dealer section of our website to locate a dealer of APO products.
If you are unable to find a local dealer please contact our Customer Service Representative and we’ll put you in touch with one of our factory representatives in your region, or a national dealer that can provide you with APO products and service support. All firearms, suppressors and NFA items must be transferred through an appropriately licensed federal firearms licensed (FFL) holder in your local area. A company that possesses a Federal Firearms License and business location may order from us!
2. I am not a US citizen and live in another country. How do I purchase products from Ashbury Precision Ordnance (APO)?
Answer: Ashbury Precision Ordnance Mfg. is now conducting export sales. Products manufactured and sold by APO are considered to be “defense articles” even though you or your organization may only intend to use them for civilian sporting, hunting or competitive activities. Our products are regulated by ITAR. Export licenses are required for the sale of APO products to non-US citizens and foreign purchasers.
APO is prohibited from selling products to selected countries. For information regarding the US Department of States ITAR regulations visit www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html. If you have any questions regarding the foreign purchases of APO products please contact our Customer Service representative. International sales are typically supported with the following documents and other documents may be required.
Please consult with your import/export and government authorities as import licenses, duties, taxes and/or customs fees may be applicable and are the purchaser’s responsibility.
3. APO has items for sale in the “Equipment for Sale” section of the website. How do I go about buying this gear?
Answer: The “Equipment for Sale” section of the APO website is set up to sell new, used (experienced), and scratch & dent sales samples, demo gear and the like to consumers and dealers. This equipment is available for sale to US citizens only (sorry, no disrespect to anyone outside of the USA) by filling out, signing the order form on the web page and sending it along with payment to our office. Apparel products can be purchased by anyone!
4. I ordered a rifle/chassis from my dealer and I’m trying to check to see if it’s done. Can you please tell me when it will ship out to me?
Answer: With all due respect, the status of your order must come from your dealer. We would not know which order from a dealer is specifically for a particular customer. More importantly we must extend professional courtesy to the dealer so that they can communicate with you the customer. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience you may have had, or be experiencing. Please let us know how we can help resolve any such situation.
5. Why do special orders take longer?
Answer: APO maintains certain levels of inventory based on current and projected demands for various products. Special Orders for customized model variations or colors that are not in stock are outside of our standard production plan and hence take longer. Typically Special Orders can take from 90 to 120 days depending on the product being special ordered. If you have a Special Order with APO, we appreciate your patience!
6. How do I purchase a custom Asymmetric Warrior® (ASW) Precision Tactical Rifle or Tactical Competition Rifle (TCR)?
Answer: First, let us say thank you, we believe you made a great choice! Contact an authorized dealer from the list that stock APO product or contact Customer Service representative for assistance placing your order. A 50% deposit is required on all custom rifle builds. You can review all of the details for your rifle with our Customer Service Representative. Typical build times average 90 to 120 days depending upon availability of critical components. APO keeps a revolving inventory of actions and barrels on hand, however depending on demand a longer delivery time could happen. If your order includes a suppressor please make sure they are legal in your state of residence and that you allow time for your paperwork to obtain BATFE approvals.
7. How do I purchase a SABER chassis to fit my bolt action rifle?
Answer: First become familiar with our MOD-1, MOD-0 and Sporter modular rifle chassis products. Check the list to insure that we make a chassis to fit your particular rifle. This information can be found here. Determine which color you prefer. Black is the standard color with other colors available, but require a slightly longer delivery time depending on the production run. Contact an authorized dealer from the list that stock APO product or contact our Customer Service Representative for assistance placing your order. SABER® MOD-0 and Sporter models can be installed with simple hand tools and MOD-1 models require precision installation by a skilled gunsmith. APO keeps a revolving inventory of SABER chassis on hand however depending on demand; delivery time could be 60 or more days.
8. If I place an order with my credit card and the items are back ordered, when will my credit card be charged?
Answer: APO will not charge your credit card until your order is shipped. If you are ordering a custom rifle your credit card would only be initially charged for the non-refundable deposit with the order.
9. How do I become a APO dealer here in the USA?
Answer: Thank you for your interest! If you currently hold a Federal Firearms License and have a business operation, all you need to do is email or fax a signed copy of your FFL to us. To make it easy for us to contact you, please include your phone number and email address on the FFL. You’ll receive a Commercial Dealer package for all firearms, parts, and accessories. We will not invoice you until the product ships. If you don’t have an FFL, ask your local firearms dealer to become an APO dealer on your behalf. The Commercial Dealer application package will be sent to the dealer and will also require a copy of a business license, tax exemption certificate and of course a current signed copy of the dealer’s FFL. If you are purchasing a suppressor an SOT is required.
10. How do I become an International dealer for APO products?
Answer: Thank you for your interest! Ashbury is interested to expand its network of dealers abroad for civilian, law enforcement and defense markets. Please submit an inquiry to our Sales Department and let us know what in country your business is located and the markets and customers you service. Please also review item #2 above. Our Sales Department will get back in contact with you.
11. What payment options does APO offer its customers?
Answer: APO accepts EFT (electronic funds transfer) or wire transfers, all major credit cards (American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover Card) personal and certified bank checks. We reserve the right to hold shipment until personal checks clear the customer’s bank.
12. Will I be charged sales tax for my order?
Answer: Yes, but only for states where required unless you have a tax exemption certificate on file with APO.
13. How much are the shipping charges?
Answer: That will depend on the item(s) ordered and their weight. APO’s shipper of choice is UPS with ground service standard. Shipping charges are FOB Ruckersville, Virginia USA. Next day, 2-day or 3-day delivery service is available at an additional cost.
14. What is the Warranty on APO products?
Answer: A one (1) year limited warranty is provided on APO products.
15. How do I return an item to APO for service or warranty repair?
Answer: In the unlikely event you encounter a problem with one of our products please contact our Customer Service Representative to obtain technical support. If it is necessary to return the product to us we’ll issue a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Please fully document the problem with the product so that we can determine the most viable course of action to return the item to you in working order. Shipping instructions will be provided by our Customer Service Department. We will do all that we can to help you enjoy the full use of your APO product.
16. What are your business hours?
Answer: APO is open Monday through Friday 8:30am until 5:30pm EST. We are closed for business on Saturday and Sunday
17. How do I obtain more information on APO products?
Answer: The Ashbury Precision Ordnance website is designed to provide you with product specific information. We have included retail pricing and downloadable PDF datasheets on our products pages. The main menu at the top of the page will direct you to all primary product areas. Additionally there are image and video galleries showing technical, and operational applications of our products. Please also check our New Product Announcement section for the latest product releases by APO. We can also send selected information via the US Postal Service.
Also please take advantage of contacting our Customer Service Representative desk via email at sales@AshburyPrecisionOrdnance.com, submit a detailed product inquiry here, or if you want to speak with a real live person to get answers not covered in our web resources just pick up the telephone and contact us during business hours Monday through Friday 8:30am until 5:30pm EST at (434) 296-8600 Ext. 998. Thank you!