Asymmetric Warrior® ASW308 Precision Tactical Rifle
This workhorse caliber Asymmetric Warrior® ASW308 Precision Tactical Rifle is engineered and designed to provide users with an ergonomic, mid-range capable and highly accurate .308 Winchester rifle platform. This precision tactical rifle is proudly manufactured in the USA and built on the strong Surgeon 591-II bolt action receiver, and the patented SABER®-FORSST® MOD-1 modular rifle chassis. The ASW308 is available in an A3 5 or 10rd magazine configuration. The ASW308 is an ideal tactical rifle platform for launching high performance .308 Win caliber AB39, COR®BON Performance Match, RUAG Swiss-P match grade and Sub-Sonic ammunition.
The ASW308 comes with a standard 20″ 1-in-10″ twist, Pinnacle Series 416 stainless steel fluted barrel, safety and performance engineered using APO’s proprietary B.A.S.E.D. barrel engineering software. The ASW308 Pinnacle Series barrel is finished with an 11 degree target crown and Blackout muzzle brake, making this tactical rifle mission ready to mount an optional 7.62SD sound suppressor. The ASW uses a premium tactical two-stage trigger set to 3.5 lbs for a smooth take up, and crisp let off for precise sub-MOA shot placement.
The ASW308 features a continuous full length MIL-STD 1913 20MOA monolithic top scope rail (optional 0 or 30 MOA) that accommodates a variety of modern “clip-on” thermal imaging and night vision devices. The Quattro carbon fiber forend features a heat mirage mitigating design with relocatable 12″ and 4″ accessory rail locations “co-bore aligned” on the ergonomically shaped forend at 3, 9 and 6 o’clock positions.
The ergonomic folding SABER PBA-H (Push Button Adjustable Hybrid) shoulder stock is fit to the user with adjustments for length of pull, cheek-piece height, and vertical recoil pad placement that require no tools! The shoulder stock comes with a Butt Hook as standard equipment and there is a versatile multi-position adjustable field monopod available as a user installable option. ASW rifles have flush cup sling swivel attachment points along the length of this tactical rifle.
The ASW308’s Magpul M1AD modular conformable hand grip is adjustable for both hand grip angle, and for grip-to-trigger distance to obtain proper shooting hand position and trigger finger placement. Each ASW model is equipped with an ambidextrous paddle lever magazine release. With a base rifle weight of approximately 12.4lbs, the ASW308 has a sleek snag-free profile well suited to a variety of tactical applications, target or “run and gun” competitive shooting. This advanced .308 Winchester rifle system incorporates engineering and design features that reduce overall felt recoil by the shooter to relatively negligible levels.
ASW rifles are coated with a rugged, dull non-reflective finish that meets MIL-STD 810G for corrosion resistance. The standard rifle color is black with the forend in natural carbon fiber black. Optional colors include Flat Dark Earth, Nordic Gray and OD Green. ASW rifles are simple to maintain, use no bedding and are maintainable in the field by the user with a simple SABER® Field Multi-Tool or more complete Snipers Field Tool Kit.
ASW precision tactical rifles can also be delivered with premium variable power day optical sights, SABER EO Scope Rings, alternate muzzle brake and suppressor combinations, match grade ammunition, TACT3 tripod spotting scope kits, laser range finders, Field Firing Solutions Ballistic Software and other essential long range shooting accessories. Further customization of the ASW308 rifles can be performed by APO to meet customer requirements. A complete range of precision shooting accessories are available from APO. Please let our customer service representative know how you want your ASW built and outfitted!
- Caliber – .308 Winchester
- Action – Surgeon 591-II Repeater
- Chassis – SABER SSA-A3
- Shoulder Stock: Folding PBA-H w/Tool-Less Ergonomic Adjustments
- Barrel – 20″ (22″ optional) Pinnacle™ Series 416R SS 5R barrels
- Muzzle Brake – AAC Blackout (optional 7.62SD suppressor)
- Trigger – Huber Tactical Two Stage trigger set to approx. 3.5 lbs.
- Forend – Quattro Carbon Fiber Forend w/Repositionable Co-Bore Aligned Accessory Rail Mounting Locations (optional 4″ and 12″ Accessory Side Rails)
- Scope Rail – 20 MOA MIL-STD 1913 (0, and 30 MOA optional)
- Accessory Rail – 12″ 6 o’clock Rail with Flushcups
- Magazines – A3 10rd detachable box magazine (one supplied)
- Hand Grip – Magpul M1AD grip set
- Grip Angle Adaptors – 17.5° Standard (11° and 27° optional)
- Surface Coatings – MIL-STD 810G corrosion resistant coatings that are dull and non-reflective
- Color – Black w/Black Carbon Fiber Forend. Optional colors Flat Dark Earth, Nordic Gray and OD Green
- Accuracy – <1 MOA or better accuracy with Match grade ammunition
- Weight – 20˝ Rifle 12.4 lbs (approx.)
- RECOMMENDED ACCESSORIES:
- – SABER EO Scope Rings 4-Screw Top 30/34/35mm Rings
- – 4″ and 12″ Side Accessory Rails
- – Monopod
- – Long Range Accuracy Bipod
- – 7.62SD suppressor