Asymmetric Warrior® ASW338 Precision Tactical Rifle
Rugged, modular and highly accurate, the ASW338 is designed to provide shooters with an ergonomically balanced .338 Lapua Magnum Precision Tactical Rifle platform engineered for performance. This custom rifle is proudly manufactured in the USA and built on the premium quality Surgeon 1581-II bolt action receiver, and the patented SABER®-FORSST® SLA-A1A MOD-1 modular rifle chassis featuring our unitized monolithic rail. The ASW338 A1 uses a 5rd single stack single feed (SSSF) magazine and the A2 uses a 10rd double stack single feed (DSSF) magazine. The ASW338 delivers exceptional “out of the box” sub-MOA 5-shot group precision with quality match grade ammunition. With this ASW custom precision rifle you can realize the full accuracy, and extended long range potential of the powerful .338 Lapua Magnum cartridge.
The ASW338 comes with a Pinnacle Series fluted 27” or 20” 1-in-9.4” twist barrel with 5R rifling made from high grade 416R stainless steel. ASW barrels are safety and performance engineered using APO’s proprietary B.A.S.E.D. barrel engineering software. The ASW338 Pinnacle Series barrel is finished with an 11 degree target crown and Blackout muzzle brake, making this precision tactical rifle mission ready to mount a highly efficient optional titanium sound suppressor. The ASW338’s fire control mechanism, is a premium quality tactical two-stage trigger with thumb safety, and set to 3.5 lbs for a smooth take up, and crisp let off delivering consistently precise shot placement.
The ASW338 features a continuous 30MOA full length MIL-STD 1913 monolithic 12 o’clock scope rail that accommodates a variety of modern “clip-on” thermal imaging and night vision devices. The ergonomically shaped Quattro carbon fiber forend features a heat/mirage mitigating design with relocatable 12” and 4” accessory rail locations “co-bore aligned” on the forend at 3 and 9 o’clock. Removable 6 o’clock rails allow shooters to securely mount a bipod anywhere along its length.
The folding ergonomic SABER® PBA-H (Push Button Adjustable Hybrid) shoulder stock can be fit to nearly every shooter with easy to use tool-less adjustments for length of pull, cheek-piece height, and vertical recoil pad placement. The shoulder stock comes with a Butt Hook as standard equipment and there is a versatile multi-position adjustable field Monopod available as a user installable option. ASW rifles have seven (7) integral flush cup sling swivel attachment points along the full length of the rifle for left and right hand sling use.
The ASW338’s Magpul® M1AD modular conformable hand grip is adjustable for both hand grip angle, and grip-to-trigger distance to obtain proper shooting hand position and trigger finger placement. Each ASW model is equipped with an ambidextrous paddle lever magazine release. With a base rifle weight of approximately 15 lbs or 17 lbs, the ASW338 has a sleek snag-free profile well suited to a variety of tactical applications, target or “run and gun” competitive shooting. This advanced .338 Lapua Magnum Precision Tactical Rifle system incorporates engineering and system design features that significantly reduce overall felt recoil by up to 70% using APO’s custom molded Limbsaver® shock absorbing recoil pad.
ASW Precision Tactical Rifles are coated with a rugged, dull non-reflective finish that meets MIL-STD 810G for surface protection and corrosion resistance. The standard ASW rifle color is black with the forend in its natural subdued carbon fiber black color. Optional rifle colors include Flat Dark Earth, Nordic Gray and OD Green each with complementing black accents. ASW rifles are rugged, reconfigurable, and simple to maintain. There is no bedding and ASW rifles are maintainable in the field by the shooter with a SABER® Field Multi-Tool or more complete Snipers Field Tool Kit.
ASW precision tactical rifles can also be delivered as complete “ready to go” packages with premium quality day optical sights, SABER® EO Scope Rings, alternate muzzle brake and suppressor combinations, match grade ammunition, TACT3 tripod spotting scope kits, laser range finders, Field Firing Solutions Ballistic Software, custom fitted Starlight hard transit case and other essential long range shooting accessories. Further customization of the ASW338 rifles can be performed by APO to meet the needs of discriminating shooters. Inquire about custom calibers. A complete range of precision shooting accessories are available from APO, just contact our Sales Department or your local dealer to place your order!
- Caliber – .338 Lapua Magnum
- Action – Surgeon 1581 XL-II Repeater
- Chassis – SABER SXL-A1 or SXL-A2 MOD-1
- Shoulder Stock – Folding PBA-H w/Tool-Less Ergonomic Adjustments
- Barrel – Premium Rock Creek Pinnacle™ Series Hand Lapped Barrel 20” or 27”
1-in-9.4” Twist, Cut Rifled 416R Stainless Steel 5R Rifling w/11 degree Crown
- Muzzle Brake – AAC Blackout (suppressor ready)
- Trigger – Huber Staged Break Tactical Two Stage Trigger set to approx. 3.5 lbs.
- Forend – Quattro Carbon Fiber Forend w/Repositionable Co-Bore Aligned 3, 6 and 9 o’clock
MIL-STD 1913 Accessory Rail Mounting Locations (optional 4” and 12” Accessory Side Rails)
- Scope Rail – 30 MOA MIL-STD 1913 Monolithic Top Rail (30 and 40 MOA optional)
- Accessory Rails – 12” 6 o’clock Rail with Flushcups
- Magazines – 5rd (A1) or 10rd (A2) detachable box magazine (one supplied)
- Hand Grip – Magpul M1AD modular grip set
- Grip Angle Adaptors – 17.5° Standard (11° and 27° optional)
- Flush Cup Sling Swivel Attachment Points – 7
- Surface Coatings – MIL-STD 810G corrosion resistant coatings that are dull and non-reflective
- Color – Black w/Black Carbon Fiber Forend. Optional colors Flat Dark Earth, Nordic Gray and OD Green
- Accuracy – <1 MOA or better accuracy with Match grade ammunition
- Weight – 15.5 or 17 lbs (approx.)
- RECOMMENDED ACCESSORIES:
- – Field Monopod
- – SABER Field Multi-Tool
- – Chassis Spare Fastener Kit
- – 5 and 10rd Magazine
- – SABER EO Scope Rings 6-Screw Top 30/34/35mm Rings
- – 4″ and 12″ Side Accessory Rails
- – Long Range Accuracy Bipod: Light Tactical or F-Class
- – Field Firing Solutions Ballistic Software (SD Media Card)
- – QD TITAN titanium suppressor
- – Starlight A1 or A2 Custom Hard Side Rifle Case
*Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice