Asymmetric Warrior® ASW50 Precision Tactical Rifle
Rugged, modular, powerful and highly accurate, the ASW50 is designed to provide shooters with an ergonomically balanced .50 BMG Precision Tactical Rifle platform engineered for performance. This custom rifle is proudly manufactured in the USA and built on the premium quality McMillan 50BMG bolt action receiver, and the patented SABER®-FORSST® MT-50 MOD-1 modular rifle chassis featuring APO’s unitized monolithic rail design. The ASW50 A1 uses a 5rd double stack double feed (DSDF) magazine and delivers exceptional “out of the box” sub-minute of angle 5-shot group precision with quality match grade ammunition. With this ASW custom precision rifle you can realize the full accuracy and extended long range potential of the powerful .50 BMG cartridge.
The ASW50 comes standard with a high quality fluted contour 29” 1-in-15” twist barrel. Optional Pinnacle Series 7-groove 416-R stainless steel barrels are safety and performance engineered using APO’s proprietary B.A.S.E.D. barrel engineering software. The barrel is finished with a target crown and very effective Slimline multi-chamber muzzle brake. An optional suppressor can be installed by removing the muzzle brake. The ASW50’s fire control mechanism, is a premium quality tactical two-stage trigger with thumb safety set to 3.5 lbs for a smooth take up, and crisp let off delivering consistent precise shot placement.
The ASW50 features a continuous 40MOA full length MIL-STD 1913 monolithic 12 o’clock scope rail that accommodates a variety of modern “clip-on” thermal imaging and night vision devices. The ergonomically shaped Quattro carbon fiber forend features a heat/mirage mitigating design with re-positionable 12” and 4” accessory rail locations at 3 and 9 o’clock. A MIL-STD 1913 6 o’clock accessory rail allow shooters to securely mount a bipod anywhere along its length.
The ergonomic folding SABER® PBA-H (Push Button Adjustable Hybrid) shoulder stock can be fit to nearly every shooter with easy to use tool-less adjustments for length of pull, cheek-piece height, and vertical recoil pad placement. The shoulder stock comes with a Butt Hook as standard equipment and there is a versatile multi-position adjustable field Monopod available as a user installable option. ASW rifles feature integral flush cup sling swivel attachment points along the full length of the rifle for left and right hand sling use.
The ASW50’s Magpul® M1AD modular conformable hand grip is adjustable for both hand grip angle, and grip-to-trigger distance to obtain proper shooting hand position and trigger finger placement. Each ASW model is equipped with an ambidextrous paddle lever magazine release. With a base rifle weight of approximately 25lbs, the ASW50 has a sleek snag-free profile well suited to a variety of tactical applications, long range target and competitive shooting. This advanced .50 BMG Precision Tactical Rifle system incorporates engineering and system design features that significantly reduce overall felt recoil by up to 70% using APO’s custom molded Limbsaver® shock absorbing recoil pad.
ASW Precision Tactical Rifles are coated with a rugged, dull non-reflective finish that meets MIL-STD 810G for surface protection and corrosion resistance. The standard ASW rifle color is black with the forend in its natural subdued carbon fiber black color. Optional rifle colors include Flat Dark Earth, Nordic Gray and OD Green each with complementing black accents. ASW rifles are rugged, reconfigurable, simple to maintain. There is no bedding and ASW rifles are maintainable in the field by the shooter with a SABER® Field Multi-Tool or more complete Snipers Field Tool Kit.
ASW precision tactical rifles can also be delivered as complete “ready to go” packages with premium quality day optical sights, SABER® EO Scope Rings, alternate muzzle brake and suppressor combinations, match grade ammunition, TACT3 tripod spotting scope kits, laser range finders, Field Firing Solutions Ballistic Software, custom fitted Starlight transit case and other essential long range shooting accessories. Further customization of the ASW50 rifles can be performed by APO to meet the needs of discriminating shooters. A complete range of precision shooting accessories are available from APO, just contact our Sales Department or your local dealer to place your order!
ASW50 Technical Specifications
- Caliber – .50 BMG
- Action – McMillan 50BMG Repeater
- Chassis – SABER MT-50A1 MOD-1
- Shoulder Stock – Detachable PBA-H w/Tool-Less Ergonomic Adjustments
- Barrel – 29” McMillan or Premium Pinnacle™ Series 416R SS Cut Rifled
Hand Lapped 7R barrel 1-in-15 twist
- Muzzle Brake – Slimline Multi-Chamber
- Trigger – Huber Staged Break Tactical Two Stage Trigger set to approx. 3.5 lbs.
- Forend – Quattro Carbon Fiber Forend w/MIL-STD 1913 Accessory Rail 3, 6 and 9 o’clock Mounting
Locations (optional 4” and 12” Accessory Side Rails)
- Scope Rail – 30 MOA MIL-STD 1913 Monolithic Top Rail (40 MOA optional)
- Accessory Rails – 12” 6 o’clock Rail with Flushcups
- Magazines – 5rd (A1) detachable box magazine (one supplied)
- Hand Grip – Magpul M1AD modular grip set
- Grip Angle Adaptors – 17.5° Standard (11° and 27° optional)
- Flush Cup Sling Swivel Attachment Points – 7
- Surface Coatings – MIL-STD 810G corrosion resistant coatings that are dull and non-reflective
- Color – Black w/Black Carbon Fiber Forend. Optional colors Flat Dark Earth, Nordic Gray and OD Green
- Accuracy – <1 MOA or better accuracy with Match grade ammunition
- Weight – 25lbs
- RECOMMENDED ACCESSORIES:
- – Field Monopod
- – SABER Field Multi-Tool
- – Chassis Spare Fastener Kit
- – 5rd Magazine
- – SABER EO Scope Rings 6-Screw Top 30/34/35mm Rings
- – 4″ and 12″ Side Accessory Rails
- – Long Range Accuracy Bipod: Light Tactical or F-Class
- – Field Firing Solutions Ballistic Software (SD Media Card)
- – Alpha 50BMG Suppressor
- – Starlight A1 or A2 Custom Hard Side Rifle Case
*Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice